宣誓文书是公证员第二常用到的公证文书格式。（政府法案8202条）。宣誓文书中需要包含“Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed)”（确认并发誓（或承认））。在宣誓文书中，公证员公证如下内容：
*宣誓誓词并没有指定措辞，但可以接受的措辞可以是：“Do you swear or affirm that the statements in this document are true?”（你是否发誓或确认文书中的陈述是正确的吗？），在进行宣誓的形式上，一般会要求签字人和公证人举起右手，但这并非法律规定。
The second form most frequently completed by a notary public is the jurat. (Government Code section 8202) The jurat is identified by the wording “Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed)” contained in the form. In the jurat, the notary public certifies:
- That the signer personally appeared before the notary public on the date indicated and in the county indicated;
- That the signer signed the document in the presence of the notary public;
- That the notary public administered the oath or affirmation*; and
- To the identity of the signer.
- Any jurat taken within this state shall be in the following form:
Note: A jurat cannot be affixed to a document mailed or otherwise delivered to a notary public whereby the signer did not personally appear, take an oath, and sign in the presence of the notary public, even if the signer is known by the notary public. Also, a notary public seal and signature cannot be affixed to a document without the correct notarial wording.
*There is no prescribed wording for the oath, but an acceptable oath would be “Do you swear or affirm that the statements in this document are true?” When administering the oath, the signer and notary public traditionally each raise their right hand but this is not a legal requirement.